Daikon & Fennel Detox Spring Soup
Onions, chopped in half moons
Celery, chopped in cubes
White radish, chopped in cubes
Fennel bulb, chopped in cubes
Piece of ginger
1. Sautée the onions in olive oil with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes.
2. Then add the celery, radish, fennel and another pinch of salt and sautée for a couple of minutes more.
3. Add the wakame and enough water to cover the volume of vegetables. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Grate the ginger and squeeze its juice.
5. Blend it all until a creamy consistency.
Nutritional & Energetic Notes
White radish, celery & fennel are all supporting your body to cleanse. Ginger mobilizes and the wakame offers minerals and increase the detoxing quality of this soup.
White radish is also called Daikon. You may find the purple type of radish instead of white, which is also fine.
This is an ideal soup for spring when the vegetables used grow easily. Omit the ginger if the weather is getting warmer or you already feel warm.