Millet Soup with Vegetables
2 strips of celery
2 litres of water,
1/4 of glass of millet well washed,
1 strip of chopped wakame (or 1 tbsp wakame flakes)
2 bay leaves
2 pieces of sundried tomato (optional),
1 tablespoon of shiro miso,
fresh cilantro or parsley
1. Chop the vegetables into small cubes.
2. In a pot, start by sautéing the onion with a little oil and salt for 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrot, celery and turnip and sauté with another pinch of salt for another 3 minutes or until the onion is well poached.
4. Add the sundried tomato, millet, wakame, bay leaf, water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
5. When the millet is tender, dilute the miso in a little of the broth and add it to the soup.
6. Add chopped cilantro or parsley and mix well.
Turn off and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional & Energetic Notes
Millet is an exceptional cereal when it comes to look after our digestive system.
It is easy to digest and it does not contain gluten so it is ideal for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Your gut health will benefit from its high fiber content and anti-inflammatory properties.
This is a very nutritious, thick and tasty soup. It is ideal for autumn or when the seasons are changing, spring that does not yet arrive or end of summer.