Vegan Rice & Tofu Burger
2 cups of cooked brown rice
1/2 block smoked tofu
2 sundried tomatoes chopped
1 handful of fresh chopped cilantro
A bit of black pepper
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 carrots chopped in small cubes
1. Sautee the onions in olive oil with a pinch of salt.
2. Add the carrots and sundried tomatoes and sautee for 2 minutes
3. Crumble the tofu and add it to the pan
4. Add a bit of water to the pan, cover with a lid and let it cook until soft.
5. Once cooked, let it cool. Then mix with the rice, fresh coriander, black pepper & any other spices or herb of your choice
6. Form burgers or patties with your hands slightly wet. Pass them through some flour or polenta
Nutritional & Energetic Notes
These burgers are ideal for autumn and winter. This is because we are doing a 'double cooking' which energetically can be very nourishing for the colder weather. So what is the 'double cooking'? We are first cooking rice and vegetables separately, we put them together to make the burgers and we cook them again together.
If we use short grain rice, then we are also supporting our energy in the colder months.
You could also use millet instead of rice. Millet really sticks together once cold. So you would form the patties when still slightly warm and leave them ready to be cooked the next day. Make sure you press well when making the patties so that they don't come apart when frying.